lørdag 5. juli 2008

My first Goblin

I spent a few hours in the workshop this weekend, and my 40K Space Marine shotgun-scouts are progressing fine. Also I've started making the bases for my sniper-scouts and the devastator. Among all this 40K work I've also been working on my first Goblin.
This is a model bought on Ebay so I'm not sure of the origin of the model, except that it is a Goblin holding a Squig.
I really liked the Squig, and although I'm not 100% satisfied with how this one turned out (not yet anyway) I just know I'll buy more of them as they have such a great design.

This is my first time adding turf to the side of the base as well as the top, and I think it came out quite good. I think this will be the new way of making single figures with turf bases. I have to see how much larger the base becomes before I can do the same with units.
In my spare-box I found a snail, and I thought that it would add something to this model so I glued it on. Unfortionately I managed to break one of the two antennaes on its head, but I just have to claim that it is due to battle damage. Or perhaps the Squig took a bite...
The mini was really easy to assemble, just had to glue the Squig to the arm of the Goblin.
The cape and hood is painted Chaos Black
The Goblin skin is painted Goblin Green (it is a goblin after all...)
The eyes are blood red with scull white pupils (edit: changed to black)
The staff is Scorched Brown, with the metal painted Boltgun Metal.
The moon on the top was first painted Golden Yellow, but since I didn't get that color to cover it effectively I gave it a layer of Bronzed Flesh.
The Squig is painted Scab Red, with Scull white eyes and Chaos Black pupils.
The Teeth are Chaos Black, mostly painted over with Scull White
The "handle" the Goblin holds it in is painted Scorched Brown
The Snail is painted Dark Angels Green and the shell on its back is Terracotta.

The grass is my own mix of turf as usual when I use static grass on the bases.
Edit: I've now found out that this miniature is a Goblin Big Boss

Ingen kommentarer: