søndag 20. juli 2008

General update

Well, not really a general, perhaps more of an ensign...
I haven't worked that mutch on my scouts lately, as I've got hooked on Goblins. Over the last few weeks I have bought several boxes, lots and blisters with goblin miniatures, and I just felt like starting to work on my Goblin army right away. I had a Goblin big boss with squig from earlier, and I'm thinking of changing some of his colors to fit the army. No major changes, just minor details.
I have bought two sets of Goblin fanatics that I've started working on, so it is six miniatures in progress. Most of the basic work is done, but I have the detailing and the bases left, as well as painting the ears, eyes and daggers. I haven't decided on how to detail the bases yet, but since the models came with quite a lot of extras I know I'll do something. Probaly something including Squigs, Snotlings or mushrooms either by themselves or a combination of the three. I might also create my first ever unit filler with some of the spare parts.

My space marine scouts are coming along fine. I have to paint the hair, the comms equipment and the cartridges in the gunbelts in the boxed magazines for the heavy weapons. When this is done I can bring out my green stuff and place them on the bases. Then it's time for detailing of the models and finally fixing up the bases. I know that the bases will be done just like the other scouts, as the black rock is a look I want on the entire army. But I might add some more details if my ideas work out.

I bought a SpaceMarine with a giant lascannon on Ebay, but the model was partially damaged on arrival, so I might use that to try out some easy conversion work. In one hand he held a dagger, but that is broken, so I will see if I can fit something else into that hand.

In the future I will focus on finishing my projects instead of buing more miniatures. I think I have enough minis to start playing now. It's just a matter of assembling and painting them and learning the rules of the game.
I have reached the conclution that I probably won't have the best showcase minis, but I think I paint a fair tabletop quality and it helps me relax.

I also upgraded my workplace this weekend as I mounted two racks on the wall for bits and pieces. My bitbox was rapidly running out of room, so I bought two small racks ment for screws, bolts, etc. This has given me 50 small compartments to keep the different bits and pieces in.
I am thinking one row for each army for now, with some rooms for bits that can be used with all kinds of armies or that don't belong in any of my 5 main armies. One example here will be spares from my Dark Elf boxed set, as I won't build a DE army. But spares from this army might still come in handy...

I've decided on 5 armies (probably should have kept the number lower, but that is a little late now since I already have the boxes on the shelves).
The future only know the sizes of the armies, but I am quite sure that some will be between 1000-1500 points while others might be quite a lot more.

I have the following armies for Warhammer Fantasy (traditional Warhammer):
- Chaos Mortals (originally planned as my main army, but there is a new rulebook on the way and if that changes my chaos nights and warriors too much this will be a 1000-1500 point army)
- Bretonnians (this might also be quite small, I'll have to see how I like the models when I've started painting. I do love knights though...)
- Goblins (this will probably be a large army as Goblins are quite cool, and playing them seems like a lot of fun even though it might be hard to win anything)
- Dwarfs (this might be the main army as dwarfs seem to be an army you can have a lot of fun with and win battles as well).

For Warhammer 40.000 I'll only build Space Marines. This will probably be quite a sizeable army some time in the future, but first I have to finish the models I have now and try them out in some games.

Ingen kommentarer: