onsdag 23. mai 2012

Commisar update

I haven't yet seen the result of my skin-painting test yesterday, so I am still not sure if painting can proceed with full speed or if I will have to prime this weekend.
But I have decided on the paint scheme I will use for my Commisars and Lord Commisar.
Their uniforms will be black with black overcoats. The overcoats will have blood red lining as is fitting for the Commisariat. The officer caps they wear will also be red and black. The front and probably sides will be red, while the top will be black. The brim will be painted black and then get a second coating with Tamia Semi-Gloss Black to give it the shiny look that officer caps usually have. I will also do this on the Imperial Guard officers I have painted so far, among them the commander for my Baneblade.
Some of the Commisars have what appears to be armor plating on their chests. This wil be painted chainmail, and the ornate eagles on the plating will be painted in one of the gold colours (not entirely sure which yet). If they have laurels on the plating the laurel will be green as usual.
Weapons will also be traditionally painted in black and chainmail, and the powerfirst on one of the Commisars will be black as well.
I am trying to decide on what colour to paint the book that one of the Commisars are reading from, and will probably end with green or red. Might be nice to paint it green as a contrast colour.
If they have orders or other kinds of cloth tied to their bodies (like the order on the Lord Commisar) I will try and find a good contrast colour to use depending on the other colours they have. Might be a light green, light blue, light gray or some other colour completely.

The three Commisars on the table at the moment is one standing with his right arm straight from his body, holding a bolt pistol, the other arm is on his back, and in that hand he is holding a whip.
The second one is reciting from a book that he holds in his left hand and his right arm ends in a powerfist.
The third one is positioned weirdly in some sort of running pose, with a plastma pistol (if I have understood Imperial weapons correctly) and a chainsword that is positioned a little strange in front of him. I think he might be attached to a penal company or something similar when the army grows.

Ingen kommentarer: