mandag 28. mai 2012

Imperial Guard progress

This long weekend has actually been productive. I have three Commissars that has their uniforms and skin painted, and all that is left to paint on them is the details on two of them and the weapons on the third. Then they need a general clean-up to make sure that all areas have been covered in paint and that there are no places where paint have blotched on to where it shouldn't be.
I ended up doing one minor change from my original plan, and that was on the officer caps that they're wearing. I thought of painting them black with a red trim, but ended up painting them all black.

The heavy weapon squad is is ready to be sent to war if needed, but I'm working on adding the ammo pouches, canteens and other equipment. I had planned to add backpacks to the unit, but decided against it as they probably have to slog enough equipment around and don't need the extra weight of backpacks. 
I'll use the backpacks on another ten man squad at a later time instead.

The five man fireteam are now a seven man squad. The sergeant and the heavy weapon trooper can march in to battle if needed. The remaining three men needs to have their arms painted and attached.
I also need to paint all the extra equipment for these five troopers, but I will finish the extra equipment for the heavy weapon squad first so I don't mix it all up.

Ingen kommentarer: