søndag 15. juni 2014

Got some more scenery done today, and also the Inquisition has appeared...

I feel that I am on the roll now with the miniature assembly. That is one step closer to having more finished miniatures, and it feels quite good to be back. The next step is to start painting it up, and I hope to start doing that sometime in the comming week.

Today I have assembled two boxes.

First I did the Honoured Imperium set, with a statue of a Space Marine, a small ruin that looks like it has come of a Shrine of the Aquila, and a huge broken Imperial Eagle in stone (on the box they call it an aquila).

The ruin will be located near the ruined side wall of my original shrine, as the shrine I have modified is too big and too compact to have any huge chunks blown off it.
The ruined stone Impeial Eagle will be in front of the modified Shrine of the Aqiula, as it is logical that is has been a part of a square or something similar, and it is natural to have had something like that in front of this big Shrine.
The Statue will probably be close to that as well, but it can really be used anywhere I feel like having it.
I have one more set like this on the shelves, and I think I will try to make the other statue an integrated part of a future building.

The other set I assembled was a Wall of Martyrs Vengeance Weapon Battery.

I think Citadel had some problems with their moulds on this one, as the set had the most mouldlines I have ever seen on a Citadel plastic set. It was quite easy (but time consuming) to clean though, and all in all I think the two batteries will be a good addition to the Wall of Martyrs.
For this box Citatel had removed all parts from the sprue in order to get the pieces in to a smaller box (probably), and this also gave me some extra work cleaning off all the points where the parts were clipped from the sprues. Still, it was very tidy with everything packed so that one bag was for one cannon (was two bags in total), and every part was ok. Just took some extra time cleaning and preparing for assembly. When that was done the assembly in it self was rather simple.

The weapon batteries comes in two different types, one battlecanon and one punisher gatling cannon, so I built one of each. I am quite sure I have one more box of these on my shelves, so the plan is to do the same with that box in order to get two of each.

I also started to repair an old version of the Ork Trukk that I bought on Ebay a while back. It was not damaged in the picture, but it was a "what you see is what you get" auction so it might have been me not looking closely enough before I bought it or it might have been damaged in the mail. Seeing how it was packed both answers are highly possible. It will take some time repiring it, as I need to make each part set before I can glue on the next broken part, but I think it will be ok after repairs and a good orky paintjob.
My plan is to use this as a warbuggy as I don't intend to buy any of those. It mightt work, since the old trukk is a lot smaller and a totally different shape than the ones that are made now and that I have a few of (and will field as trukks).

I also assembled a finecast model of an inquisitor with a powersword and a special gun that looks a bit like it could have been from the Warhammer Fantasy sets and not 40K. The entire Inquisitor looks like he could belong there come to think of it, except for the powersword and some pieces of modern armour. But that was the entire reason I bought him (it's an online only miniature). I don't plan to field an Inquisition army, but I thought he might look good alongside my Space Marines or Imperial Guard on some occations. And he might get a retinue of Sisters of Battle, as I have a handful or two of those as well and have no plans to field a Sisters army (unless Games Workshop finally releases them all in plastic in the future).

Ingen kommentarer: