onsdag 18. juni 2014

The Mechanicum is working...

Last night the hull of the first Leman Russ Demolisher was laid down. So far I have assembled the basic hull and added all of the tracks.
The tracks on the Leman Russ tanks are quite a genious system, where the different track parts are marked and it is a very easy fit. Hopefully Games Workshop will keep this solution also when newer versions will be released in the future. Having built a lot of scale models in my days I have seen lots of different ways to build tracks, with mixed success. But I like the way Games Workshop does it for the "Russ" and that is good as I have several Chimera based vehicles and Russ variants waiting on the shelves to be assembled.

Along with painting up this new Demolisher, I plan to do some modifications to the paint on the Leman Russ with Battlecannon that I have built earlier. I gave that a camo pattern with lots of yellow, and over time I have found that this is not as I want it.
I need to get some camo on my Baneblade as well, and maybe I will do that at the same time too. The Baneblade is painted in a dark gray today, and it looks a lot like it is just out of the factory.

I'm thinking of a camo scheme to match my Guard troopers, something along the lines of a hull painted in a dark gray, then camouflage pattern added with a main contrast color of black, and then use some sort of lighter gray for the contrast. This gives the tanks dark gray and black as the two main colors, and I think that will look good.
The Leman Russ I have painted now can be modified by painting the black parts on the camo that is there today in a light gray, and then painting over the yellow with black.

I plan to give the tanks some company colors by painting a small area under the turret in a contrast color. For the Russ that is already painted, this will continue to be yellow, and then I will find colors for the different tanks and vehicles (I think the same idea is possible for the Chimera-based vehicles) depending on the battlefield tasks they are supposed to perform.

All vehicles and tanks will also get company markings on the sides, but what colors I will use here has not been decided yet.



Ingen kommentarer: