fredag 27. juni 2014

Need a slow day to paint...

I decided to build something new to me yesterday, so I assembled a set of 3 Space Marine Bikes.
They vere originally Dark Angels from the Dark Vengenace starter box, and I believe they were Ravenwing, as they have the classic "staff" at the back of the bikes.
My Space Marine army is not Dark Angels, so I carved off all the Dark Angel insignia from the bikes and Marines, but have not removed the classic "tail" yet. I am not sure if I should keep it or not, but if I decide to take it off it is easily done at a later time.
I will see what I do with insignia on all my previously assembled marines when I unpack them from their temporary transport boxes in the near future. The best would be to have an entire army without insignia from other chapters, but I know there are some places where there will be difficult to remove it and I am not sure if I'm willing to try if it will damage a good mini. Then I'd rather think up a fluff reason for the insignia being there. For command figures, one such reason would be that the insignia is a part of the armour and that the Marines don't want't to disgrace it by taking it away.

The bikes were a "snap-tite" version of the real bikes, and they were sculpted to look like they were in action. Just to compare I opened up a box of Ravenwing bikers, and found that they are not sculpted in the same way. The "snap-tite" figures are usually not as detailed or as easy to pose (weird, I know) as the regular boxes. These bikes that I have assembled now are posed to look like they are speeding along, but once I figured out that I needed to get the torso of the driver attached to the bike before I glued the bike together it was quite easy to assemble (one biker needed to be glued on the old way because I discovered it a little late, the other two was assembled according to the design).
It was quite easy to fit, except for the sargeant where I could not get his right arm to fit with the torso no matter how I twisted the torso. So I will need to use a little liquid Green Stuff to fix that when it's time to paint it up.

I also recieved a package from AA Wargames through Ebay this week. The package contained three Imperial Guard heavy weapon teams with mortars, one old Ork trukk (that I plan to use as a war buggy), and one weird piece of scenery that looks like the cog boys of the Mechanicus have gone wild. According to the description it is a communication array from the Imperial Bastion set. I plan to use it as a communication array in my ruined city, one of the few things that is not ruined yet...
I feel like I need to write a background piece on the ruins some time in the future, might have to build some more buildings first though.

Ingen kommentarer: