søndag 21. februar 2016

Another update and yet a little sidetrack...

The Plague Drones are comming along nicely. I just finished painting them tonight, both the drones themselves and the riders. I gave both parties dark blue eyes, as I felt black would be to dramatic.
The riders also got a bit of Khorne Red in between their guts to make it look more like they had their bellies cut or ruptured.
All that is left to fix now is to go over the drones to get some small areas re-covered with wash, and I also need to think of how to wash the wings and claws. At the moment I'm leaning towards using a thin wash of Agrax Earthshade for those and Biel-Tan Green wash on the shields.
I'll see what I can do about it tomorrow afternoon.

I have finished the bases on my Ironbreakers, and the unit is now officially done.
The bases were covered in Astrogranite, and the rims got a layer of Mechanicum Standard Grey. The two colors are as close to identical as it is possible to get them.
I will do my best to redo the bases on my Miners in the same way, as they will look a lot better with those bases instead of the rocks that are on them right now.
I will add a few rocks to some of the bases if that is possible in the future, and then I will paint them Mechanicum Standard Grey if needed. I will see when I redo the bases if this looks like a good idea, or if I should just build some terrain or mining slag with the texture paint.

I will put pictures of the Ironbreakers up on the blog as soon as I can get good light for them.

While collecting all my built Dwarfs I found an almost complete Grimm Burloksson. Grimm is a master engineer, and uses a trial and error approach to engineering that I think will fit my army well. 
He must have come up with a lot of weird and crazy inventions, and I hope some of them might benefit my army. One of the things I know my army will use is the Badyear Blimp, but I hope I will find some more cool stuff to give him credit for.
I might think out a new name for him though, as I would like him to be my master engineer and not have a lot of backstory that I don't control even though it is a cool one.
I have finished him and his base now, and all that is missing is a wash in the same style as the Ironbreakers.

While looking through my miniatures I also found a Spacewolf Iron Priest. He is now assembled, and awaiting priming.
I know I don't collect Spacewolves, but the Iron Priest just looks too good to keep out of an army.
An Iron Priest is basically a Techmarine, and I plan to use him as such. He doesn't have all the servoarms that regular Techmarines do, and the reason for this is simply that he has a different role than them. A regular Techmarine is often working before and after battles, looking after the armour and vehicles and not to forget tending to the dreadnoughts of the chapter.
The Iron Priest model will be in the field with the combat marines, fighting alongside them. Then when something needs immediate attention he will do emergency repairs.
Regular Techmarines are red, but I am leaning towards painting my Iron Priest as a regular Space Marine but with some red areas to both show that he is a warrior while still respecting the Machine Spirits.

Ingen kommentarer: