lørdag 27. februar 2016

Chaos update

Yesterday I base coated all the assembled Chaos Warriros standing on my desk. The next step  is another layer of spray paint. This time it's going to be a layer of Leadbelcher to get a metal look on them. Then I will test with one warrior to see if I need to use Runefang Steel to get them shiny, or if the wash will get the right effect on the Leadbelcher.

The back row are Slaanesh, the two rows in front of that are Nurgle, and the two and a half row in front of the picture are Khorne (the ones on round bases).


After this was done, I assembled the first box of warriors for the group that does not follow any specific Chaos God. I am still debating if they also should have metal colored helmets or if they should be black. I'm constantly trying to find ways to make my chaos army look unified as one big army even though I give the different units some special characteristics. So far I have decided that the Warriros following a Chaos God are all metal with washes in the appropriate color, All warriors will have black shields (at least the ones with metal shields), and all details will be painted similarly on all warriors no matter what god they follow. I plan to do this for the Bloodbound Warriors as well, But at the moment I am leaning towards painting their armour red, to show that they are a different tribe or clan, but still fighting in the same army. But I will see how the Khorne Warriors turn out before I take a final decision on that subject.

I also opened up a box of Putrid Blightkings to see how I would like to assemble them. I have two boxes with these elite Warriors of Nurgle, so I will make them in to one unit of ten Warriors with full command. There are several ways to put the different minis together, so I will have no problem making ten unique Warriors out of them. It will be more of a problem to make sure I get to build all the coolest ones, but I'm sure I'll find a way to get the ten I want most. Nurgle isn't my favorite cup of tea, so I will keep this part of the army rather small. Still they have the biggest unit of the army (Bloab Rotspaned) and the Plague Drones as well, so they will be quite visible on the battlefield. In the future I might add some more regular chaos warriors, but not until all the models I have at the moment is built and painted.

Ingen kommentarer: