søndag 7. februar 2016

First unit of Ogres completely finished

This unit has been standing around for a very long time waiting to be based and washed.
I have always liked the look of the Ogres, but not really found out what to do with them. After I had painted this unit up, it took a long time figuring out what to do with the bases that could be done for the entire army, and then I spent a long time figuring out how to wash the skin to make it look good.
I had a little skin accident with one of my old metal ogryns for 40K, and I did not want the same spotted skin for these.

After a tip from Mats at Games Workshop, I decided to go ahead and try my luck, and I now have found a way to do wash on all future models with skin colors.
I ended up washing the skin with Reikland Fleshshade in a thin, even layer, and I think this worked out great.
For the metal I used Nuln Oil, and for all the others Agrax Earthshade.
The bases is made with almost white technical paint, and has been given a drybrush with white dry paint after the technical paint was completely dry.

Here is a picture of the entire unit lined up together.   


The first row with standard bearer, champion (Chrusher) and musician (Bellower).


The second row consisting of three regular Ogres.


It wasn't easy taking good pictures of the standard bearer, so I had to cheat a little. In the building instructions it said that the standard could either be a banner with a gnoblar in a little lookout box on top, or a pole with a scull on top. But I wanted to combine them so I glued the scull on to the front of the box and made something I felt looked a lot better.


A bit difficult to see from the pic, but the gnoblar can see between the horns and still keep lookout for the Ogres.


The next plan for the Ogres is to finish the unit of four Leadbelchers that are standing partially built on my shelves. Then there will be Ironguts, cavalry, characters and more. I will try to make one unit at the time, and make sure that I get the colours constant for all units. For a lot of the units I will also add some grass turfs that stick out of the snow.

Ingen kommentarer: