tirsdag 9. februar 2016

Progress on the Chaos forces

I managed to do some work on my chaos forces today.
I have found the best way to assemble them is to glue the torsos to the base, and add the arms that stand out from the body. Then I can add heads and shield-arms (for those who will have them) after the torsos are painted.

I now have twenty-eight Warriors of Chaos with two hand-weapons each glued to round bases.
These are the Khorne warriors and they are mounted on round bases as they will interact with the Bloodbound who only come with these bases for their entire range.

Twelve more warriors are glued together, but they just have their sword-arm attached. The other arm will hold the shield, and that will get in the way of painting. These warriors will complete the Slaanesh unit I posted pictures of recently.

There are still thirty-six warriors left to glue together and they will be twelve regular chaos warriors and twenty-four Nurgle warriors. The Nurgle ones will have full command, while the other unit will add to an existing one and just be rank and file troops. These will all have shields, so I will just glue the weapon arm on, like on the Slaanesh ones.

I have finished assembly of the last ten daemonettes, so as soon as I get the chance, I will give all twenty a good basecoat and start painting.

One thing I have forgotten to write earlier is that the Nurgle forces also have a character that is ready for priming. The Harbinger of Decay is built, but I have not glued him to the base yet. I tried to, but the thin legs of his resin steed would not stick to the base. I had a chat with the Games Workshop staff and 
got a few tips on how to solve this. So now I will make sort of a scenic base for him (that was the plan anyway) and start with a layer of greenstuff and make sure that I can place the feet of the steed so that it sinks in to the greenstuff a little bit. That will make it stick.
Then I guess I will use the same basing techniques on that base as on the other chaos bases.

Ingen kommentarer: