torsdag 18. februar 2016

small update

The leader of my Nurgle faction is now completely built. Bloab Rotspawned is standing ready to be primed and painted. I plan to give him the same treatment as my Plague Drones, so it gets a look that is easy to see is part of the same army.
I wan't to do something special with the base, since there is a lot of room on it, so I have not glued the monster to the base yet. That can be done at a later time in the project.

I have done more painting on the first Plague Drone, and have done the wings and the base. The base will still get a layer of Biel-Tan Green shade and then I will put some Nurgles Rot on there, and also on the model itself. The base was painted with Lustrian Undergrowth, a dark green technical paint, and it completely covers the black and Zandri Dust up. When I get the Nurgle's rot on there I think it will look very nice. The wings are painted Celesta Grey, and that also seems to cover nicely after just one thin layer, but then it is a base paint so it usually covers nicely.
The one thing remaining on the drone itself is to paint the claws with my usual combo of Steel Legion Drab and Ushabti Bone, and then I need to do some painting on the rider.

The last thing I have done today is to base my Dwarf Ironbreakers. I used the Astrogranite texture paint for this. It was a bit darker than I had expected, but it appears to be almost identical in colour to the Mechanicus Standard Grey or at least so similar that they will be good together. I will try that out tomorrow afternoon, when I will paint the edges of the bases. If it works out, I think I might have a "trademark" for my minis. With my Marines that I used for the Armies on Parade last year I painted the edges of my bases the same color as the top to look good on the board, and I think I will do that for the entire army there.
My dwarfs will have grey bases as described above, and my Ogres will get white edges as they are snow bases.

For my other armies I will see what color I go with as I see what I use on top of the bases.

Ingen kommentarer: