søndag 7. februar 2016

Future plans for the Chaos army

I have a lot of chaos warriors on my workbench, and I plan to do a solid production-line to finish a lot of units at the same time.

Earlier tonight I posted pics of my first twelve man unit of Slaanesh warriors, and I plan to add twelve more warriors to that unit.

I have decided that my chaos army will have elements of warriors not dedicated to any special chaos god, and they will be black like the more traditional chaos warriors. They will consist of warriors, chosen, knights and marauders (both on hoseback and on foot). I will probably use my chaos hounds with these units as well. I will use the Chaos Lord on Daemonic Mount as a leader for this warband.

I will then have units made to serve three of the four chaos gods. My Slaanesh are already on the way with the first unit painted. They still need their bases done, but I will wait a bit until I have a good idea that I can use for the entire army. These warriors will be joined by knights that will be painted up the same way.
I have assembled a unit of ten Daemonettes with full command, and I am currently assembling ten more to make this a unit of twenty. They will have pale skin and heads, and I will use black and purple on their skimpy clothing and purple wash in their hair and probably on the tails and scaled legs..

Khorne will have his followers as well. Two boxes of chaos warriors will make up a unit of twenty-eight (the newer boxes comes with sixteen warriors instead of twelve) warriors with full command.
This warband will also have forces from all the boxes of Bloodbound units that has come with the new Age of Sigmar release, and they will have Mighty Skullcrushers on Juggernauts as their cavalry.
I haven't decided completely on how I will paint these, but I am leaning towards painting them like I do with the black ones, but using red where I have used black before. I have not yet decided who will be the leader of this warband, but I am leaning towards the lord from the Age og Sigmar starter set as he really looks the part.

My Nurgle warband will consist of all the nurge models that I currently have, and two old boxes of warriors. The warriors will be painted up in a combination of the Khorne and Slaanesh models with armourplates of green, but also with some light and metal areas that will be drybrushed with green wash.
For the units showing skin, I plan to paint that Zandri dust and wash it with green wash. I've seen Mathias at GW in Oslo do this with an Ork and it is amazing how you can get the washes to give color variations. So by doing this I might be able to give the models the nurgly look without having too many different greens.
This part of the army will work together with the other half of my deamon army, my nurglings and plague drones.
The Nurgle warband will be lead by Bloab Rotspawned.

The big plan is to base spray and paint the deamons and deamonettes together as one batch, and as much of the chaos warriors as possible as one batch. I plan to assemble all the warriors I have in a way that makes painting as easy as possible. That means gluing them to their bases, gluing the torsos together and gluing on the arms that have weapons in them. Heads and shield-arms will be added later.

Ingen kommentarer: