søndag 20. juli 2014

Update after a slow weekend

I'm not sure how many tanks I had when I last updated the blog, and I am to lazy too look through old posts to check. So I am sorry if this is old news...

There are now four Leman Russ tanks on my shelves, and one is ready to roll to war while the other three needs paint.

The one that is ready is mentioned before, I still have some minor details to paint but no one would notice that if I fielded it on the battlefiled as it is now. This is a regular battle tank, and this will be the tank that is the most common variant in my armed forces. It is armed with the Battle cannon, as well as a lascannon and two side sponsons with heavy bolters. On this tank the commander is sitting topside with his head and upper body out of the top hatch.

I have two Demolishers, both with a heavy bolter in front and plasma cannons in the side sponsons. They both have closed turrets, and are equipped with a dozer blade as well. These two will be joined by one more with a similar setup, although I might give the last one either heavy flamers or multi meltas in the side sponsons just to make a little variation. But apart from that it will have an identical setup.

The fourth tank that is assembled is a Vanquisher. This has a much more powerful gun compared to the regular battle tank. Because of this the Vanquisher has a much longer range and also the shells are better for penetrating armour. This makes it a favorite with tank commanders everywhere, so I have decided that this tank will be commanded by my version of Knight Commander Pask.
At the moment he is standing partly painted.on my desk. I need to decide on a color for his cloak, and I'm leaning towards using a bright red as is fitting for a tank legend. I also need to paint his hair and the metal armour on his chest as well as his commanders cap.

I have gotten a lot of black paint on the Ork Trukk, and the next paint session with this trukk will see the wheels and suspension done. when this has dried, I am ready to continue on the assembly to get the trukk ready.
I have not painted more of the regular Orks, but I have the colorscheme ready, and the two test models are nearly done. I don't need to think of it any more, so the next time I paint Orks I will start to mass paint in the colors decided. I look forward to getting some of them done, so that I can start to assemble more of these great minis. I will make Big Mek Gyvver pretty soon, and I also think I know what model to use for the Big Boss Hazza' Hoff. A catalogue of the Ork models will come in the near future.

Ingen kommentarer: