søndag 20. juli 2014

What's left to make... General Warhammer Fantasy

I have a category that I decided to call General Warhammer Fantasy.

Mostly this is Bretonnians, but there are a few other items.

The Bretonnians consist of one box of Knight Errant/Knights of the Realm. This box makes it possible to make 8 knights, so it is quite a lot of miniatures for the value of one box. I have not decided what unit I would like to make yet, but I am quite sure I will make them all in to one solid unit.

I also have a blister that contains one single plastic knight. Not sure what to do with him yet, depends on if he looks like a leader or just a regular knight. He might get some special role, or he may be added in to the unit mentioned above.

For the foot-soldiers I have two boxes of Men-at-arms. Each box contains 16 men, so I have 32 men to field. They look rather uniform, and can have a command unit. I plan to give them the look of a fairly trained army, like a city millitia or something fairly similar.

I also have two boxes of pesant bowmen. That means 32 regular people of the town have brought their longbows to help fight the enemy. Like the Men-at-arms there is an option for a full command, and I plan to make the command unit look like former soldiers, while the rest will get different kinds of clothes or uniforms.

For the chapel, I have an Empire Warrior Priest armed with a hammer and reading from the Holy book. Perhaps he's reading the instructions for the Holy Handgrenade or something... This is the only metal mini for this category.

I have two witch hunters, one that I plan to give a home in the Skullvane mance and the other I have no specific plan for at the moment. I figure these hunters should be steady on the aim with their pistols and have quite good sword skills too. These are finecast models.

The final miniature I have for this category, is a Captain of the Empire with hammer and pistol. This is the warrior I plan to have as a leader of the foot sloggers, and maybe also commanding the knights before they ride out to face the enemy. This is also a finecast model, and a web exclusive.

I don't plan to use these warriors as a specific army. I had that plan for the Bretonnians once, but there were so many metal models for that army that I decided not to go for it. Still, if they get a new release where there are mostly plastic one never knows...

The idea for these warriors are to have them as peole among my fantasy scenery. They might get to face chaos forces or greensins, and might get some assistance of the dwarfs from their near by mountain keep.

I don't really have that many plans, but I thnk they will look nice as a diorama, so only time will tell...

Ingen kommentarer: