torsdag 10. juli 2014

What's left to make... Dwarfs

I have a soft spot for these small but tough warriros of the mountains. I hope to get the time to work on this army soon, as they have some really nice minis.

I have some units painted already, but a lot more waiting in their boxes.
I have one Gyrocpter from the former release in finecast, and two Gyrocopters/Gyrobombers from the new release in plastic. I will probably have both Gyrocopters and Gyrobombers in the army.
I also have a spare Gyrocopter pilot, that I plan to use as a pilot for a special project I have. I would very much like to make an airship, a blimp, for the army. The Goodyear Blimp is a known blimp from our times, so I would like to call mine The Badyear Blimp. I have some spare bombs from the new Gyrocopter set, and along with a spare metal cannon I have (have the cannon and crew but not the base for it) it will arm the blimp.

I have a plastic box with 15 Miners and 3 Grudge Ponies with carts that awaits painting, and 2 old metal Miners that are partially painted. The metal Miners look quite different from the platic ones, but I might give them one of the ponies and make a little diorama with them.
I also have one old musician that is partially assembled, that is also a metal mini. The Thunderer Lord I have mentioned in several older posts is also partially painted. This is not a Games Workshop miniature though, but is produced by Awatars of War.

There are a lot of characters for this army, and 4 of them are the White Dwarf subscription minis. Not sure if all 4 will end up in the army as I have some problems finding a spot for the 2013 mini who is a movie director (Peter Jackson) and the 2012 mini who is a pirate with a pirate chest. But I have plans for the 2011 mini who is a World War 1 style pilot and the 2014 mini who is a vampire hunter.
I am not sure if the Awatars of War mini Dwarf Berserker Hero will fit in either, but I will see how he looks compared to my dragon slayer. If I use the berserker hero it must be in a company of slayers, but perhaps the Games Workshop Dragon slayer is better for leading a slayer unit. No matter what I end up with I know that the dragon slayer will be in the army.

Grimm Burloksson and Belegar Ironhammer will also be in the army as characters, but I will probably give them new names to fit with my dwarf clan.
There are 2 more caracters and they are both engineers. 1 Master Engineer with great weapon (a finecast mini) and 1 Master Engineer (metal mini).

There are 3 old metal sets still in the box. 1 bolt thrower, 1 Malakai Makaisson's Goblin-hewer (an old and weird weapon) and Thorek Ironbrow's Anvil of Doom (a set that I know exist in Finecast too, but I will try and build it in metal and see how it ends up).

The box with the Dwarf cannon will either be a normal cannon or an organ gun. I am leaning towards an organ gun as I have a regular cannon already.

Then let's talk troops...
I have 2 boxes of Ironbreakers/Irondrakes, I plan to make one of each troop type with them. 
I have a set of Ironbreakers metal figures assembled from earlier, but I think the plastic ones look so different that I will need to field them in separate units.
I have two boxes of regular warriors, and the biggest difference I see between the new and old box is the instrument that the musician play. I think these boxes can be made in to longbeards too, so one box might be made in to that.
Finally there are 3 boxes of Thunderers/Quarrelers, and I will see what I will do with the mix. But I know I will have both units represented in the army.




Ingen kommentarer: