fredag 4. juli 2014

What's left to make... Warhammer Fantasy Scenery

Last post I looked at the non-Games Workshop stuff, now it is time to start looking at the miniatures from Games Workshop.

Starting with Fantasy scenery.

I have two sets that is partially complete. The Temple of Sculls are fully assembled (not that much to asemble really) but needs to be sprayed black and painted. I intend to do some spraying real soon, and will do this box along with several 40K scenery. Then it is a matter of painting rocks and using both washes and drybrushing (good opportunity to learn that).

The other set that is started on (partially complete might be a bit premature) is a Citadel woods. I have redied the base, and assembled the stem of the 3 trees that shall sit upon it, but I have not yet added branches or leaves to the trees. Will prime the base here, but not really sure if I need to prime the trees. 
I have another Citadel wood that neds to be assembled, but that is currently still on the sprues in the box.

I also have a box of walls and fences, and that will be nice to have among my towers and buildings in the "town" that is comming some time in the future.

The Skullvane Manse is the only real building that is not just a tower of some sorts. This building is a house on the mountainside, but also with a tower. On the top of this tower there is a cuppola with a telescope. I plan to replace this with a regular stonework barricade as you originally see on towers, and use the cuppola either on the Whitchfate Tor or the Deatknell Watch depending on what tower is most like the original in size.

But the first tower I intend to build, just to learn the best way to paint bricks, is the Dreadstone Blight. This is a ruined tower, and will give me a good chance to test how to best paint the bricks that there are so many of on the other towers mentioned above.

Ingen kommentarer: