onsdag 23. juli 2014

What's left to make... Orks

The Orks are a crazy bunch. The last month they have ravaged throught Games Workshop with the release of their new Codex, and I have started to assemble and paint my green horde.

I have three old trukks that I intend to use as warbuggies as they are rather small compared to the new trukk. These are assembled, but I am considering doing some modifications to them to get a big shoota on the back of them. Two of them have a weapon in front, but the third one is missing this. So either I will add a weapon from my Space Marines in front on the third buggy, or I will add a weapon mounted on a pole or tripod on the flatbed. I will give Big Mek Gyvver access to my bitbox and see what comes out of that...

In the Ork Battleforce box there were a bunch of Boyz (we'll come back to them later), and three bikes that are still on their sprues. There were also a Trukk and I am working on assembling and painting that now. I like to reach every corner with the brush, so I paint as I assemble.

The biggest vehicles that needs to be built and painted are the two Battlewagons. One of them will be quite tall with lots of shootas sticking out, while the other will be a little lower with a Deff Rolla attached to the front. This one will also have a quite solid cannon instead of more of the smaller ones if everything works according to plan.

And while we are talking cannons, I also have four Mek Guns, and at the moment I plan to make one of each of the four types available from these boxed sets. If one proves much better than the rest when I get to use them on the battlefield, I might add more of that type sometime in the future.

The army has one airplane at the moment, but I do not yet know if it will be a Blitza Bommer, a Burna Bommer or a Dakkajet. I will decide when I start assembly, and if the plane is ok to build I am quite sure there will be at least one of each before I call the army complete. I will have no Deffkoptas, so this will be the only airpower.

Big Mek Gyvver is heavily (pun intended) in to warmachines that stomp around. I have no plans to add a Stompa, as I feel that set is a little too expensive at the moment (but if I get a lot of money back on my tax return later this autumn I will not exclude one totally), but there are two 'naugts. One will be a Gorkanaut and the other a Morkanaut. Can't risk to piss off one of the Gods, so the army needs one of each.
There are also two Deff Dreads, and two boxes of Killa Kans (one box and one full sprue in the Stormclaw box to be precise).

I have three boxes of Meganobz, and these boxes can each produce one Big Mek in mega armour. These are not part of the Meganobz unit though, so I intend to make two Big Meks (one of them wil be Big Mek Gyvver) as there are two different versions of Big Meks available in the box and they both look cool. The rest of the Meganobz will be one powerful unit.

Also I have two boxes of Flash Gitz, and I look forward to creating their crazy weapons in a true orky way. Hopefully Big Mek Gyvver can over-do himself with fancy and killy weapons. I have a plan to have them led by a captin, but not Badduk as I don't like the pirate theme. My orks are warriors, not pirates.

I have one box of Boyz that still awaits assembly, along with two boxes of Nobs (one box is really a full sprue in the Stormclaw box), two boxes of Lootas & Burnas (will probably be one unit of each) and the full sprue of Gretchins with Runtheard (also in the Stormclaw box).

I have some characters as well. The big bozz himself, Hazza' Hoff will be assembled from the Stormclaw boxed set, where they made the exclusive character Grukk Face-Rippa. I do not plan to field Grukk or his army, but instead tha Night Raidaz will be lead by Hazza' Hoff and his pet squig Hobie.

I also have a blister with a warboss with attack squig, and he will lead one part of the army, but follow the orders he receives from Hazza' Hoff.

I have two Painboyz, my favorite of these is the finecast Painboy with Grot orderly. He will be my dok, while the Painboy that is out as a plastic kit will be more of a Frankenstein who improves on more or less willing orks to create more powerful fighters.

The army will also have one more Big Mek. He's armed with a shokk attack gun, and fires any nearby Grots that teleports litterary in to the enemy.
Also the machines in the army will be attended by two regular Meks.

The last character is an Ork Commissar, his story will probably be that he is a nob or a boss who has managed to kill an Imperial Guard Commissar and taken his coat. This is not a Citadel miniature, so he will not be used in games. The mini is created by Kromlech miniatures, but it will look nice when the army is on the shelves.

So far I have assembled one box of Gretchins with Runt heard, but I have not started to paint this yet. I have a box of Stormboyz (ten Boyz) who are partially assembled and ready for painting, and thirty-one Boyz that I have started on.  Two of the Boyz have been my test subjects, and after I landed on the paint scheme I want to use for the army I started to paint the first layer of paint on some more of them.

Ingen kommentarer: